Being plus size neither is a crime nor a health threat; its obesity which is a major risk to our healthy hence the need to cut down or lose weight. (See weight loss tips by following this link). Being plus size might be as a result of good feeding, or hormonal imbalance in the body. Scientifically some hormonal imbalances in the body can’t be permanently reversed and there is little to be done on a plus size lady with such scenarios. She has to dress of course; she can’t just get out of her bedroom necked! Therefore we decided to write this article about Plus Size Clothing for plus size women to help them in their fashion needs.
Being plus size does not necessarily mean that you can’t afford to look trendy, chic, stunning and sexy. It also does
not mean that you have to necessarily work out those extra fats on your body to look in shape. All you need is wearing the right kind of clothes that can flatter your body size and make you appear slimmer.
There are many online fashion companies which have stocked a wide range of Plus Size Clothing ranging for size 14 to 32. You do not have to move to their shops, all you need is a credit card and any gadget that will enable you access internet and you will have your clothes brought to your destination. You try them on from your home (house) at your own time of convenience).
Trendy plus size clothes can sometimes be tricky to find so, we decided to make it simple and easy to always look great, with a large choice of stylish plus size ladies clothing? We will share with you the different Fashion from jeans and trousers, shirts and tops, to women’s dresses and skirts. Don’t miss the trendiest plus size corsets, bustier and swimwear range in sizes of 14-32.
With all our research about Plus Size Clothing, we have collected a variety of clothing which includes the latest trends in evening and day wear, night outs and weekend wear, office and business wear, club and swimwear and many more from which you will find a great selection to choose from. Note: you should always remember to wear your size i.e. nothing tight and nothing baggy, fitting is the best. Well I should say and we all know that there are a variety of different Plus Size Clothes, but in this article we will entire focus on plus size jeans and pants, plus size skirts, plus size tops and shirts, plus size accessories, plus size swimwear, plus size corsets and bustier.
Guide On What To Wear With Plus Size Clothing
Black is a neutral color that matches with most outfits, therefore if I was a plus size lady I would opt for clothes that are either black or white, or black with white stripes. Simply am trying to suggest that if you want to go neutral in Plus Size Clothing, opt for dull colors. For instance, the lady in the picture below can fully depict what a plus size neutral outfit can be. Try dressing like her if you want to go neutral in your plus size outfit.
Are you planning to for a date? Then the best plus size outfit will be in blue color. We all know that blue is a romantic color; Therefore you can decide to go for either a blue dress or a navy blue skinny jean with a blue top. This will be the best outfit for your first date. Just team the outfit with a matching clutch bag and Nude Pumps and you will be ready to go and meat your date (boyfriend).
If you are a plus size lady below 40 years, you can still dress like a 20 year old. First opt for skinny jeans and complement them with lace CAMI. For instance you go for navy blue skinny jean, pair it with a Lace Print Babydoll Cami. Complement the whole trend with Nude Pumps or Ankle Boots. You can buy this cam for www.torrid.com
Go Color Blocking:
Wow, color blocking isn’t for any plus size lady, it’s for only confident plus size women who will opt for this trend. Color blocking will involve matching bright colors like yellow, neon colors, among others with other plus size outfits. I should say the plus size lady below in that dress is really smart, sexy and confident in her outfit.
Plus Size Clothing Tips
- If you can opt for neutral and dull color clothes; bright colors can be worn by confident women who know and understand color mixing coz it’s very easy to clash the trend with bright colors when they aren’t perfectly matched.
- Always wear your size – I would recommend plus size ladies to wear nothing loose and nothing tight ( clothes that fit your size are the best coz too tight clothing will expose your problem areas i.e. curvy tummy and will make you look heavier and baggy clothes will make the trend look antiquated and archaic).
- If you really have a big and fat tummy opt for Corsets and Bustiers they will help to pull your tummy and make it look flat hence making you look slimmer
Fitting and Colors
- Dull colors and neutral colors like white or black are a must have in every plus size woman’s wardrobe. You should avoid shouting or bright colors like yellow, orange, purple and pink coz they not your type and are not easy to match without clashing the trend.
- Wear your size. Tights or small size clothes will cling to your body exposing the excess fat and curvy areas making you look heavier. Therefore you should wear clothes that fit you well and avoid those that are too tight or baggy to your body size.
- Stretchers shouldn’t be in the wardrobe of a plus size woman. Leave them for small and medium size ladies coz they are a perfect fitting to them than to plus size ladies.
- Thick fabrics will be the best and recommended material for Plus Size Clothing. However, plus size ladies can as well wear thin material that flatters and fits them well.
- You should try to avoid garments that are smooth and bright as they might expose or show you’re curvy and problem areas making you look heavier.
Prints & Patterns
- Wear cherry and floral prints that will make you look slimmer.
- Navy Polka Dot and Black or White Dot are a must have prints in wardrobe of every plus size woman.
- Plaid Shirts, Polka Dot Shirts, Chiffon and Flannel Shirts are the most recommended shirts for plus size women.
Apparels (Dos and Don’ts)
Jeans & Trousers
- Tight skinny jeans and baggy jeans are not meant for you. Wear jeans that will match your size and provides you with a relaxed and comfortable fit.
- Shorts and Three quarter pants are not meant for you. You should wear pants that cover your curvy areas. Pants that will expose your curves will make you look thicker and heavier thus they should be avoided.
- Avoid tight pants as they cling on your body exposing the excess fats in your buttocks, tummy and thighs.
- Miniskirts are not meant for you. You should opt for skirts of knee high length. Miniskirts will expose your bulky and thick thighs making you look heavier.
- Maxi skirts will be the best skirts for every plus size lady; However if you’re sure you have nice legs, opt for a knee length skirt.
- If I was a plus size, pleated skirts will be my favorite coz they help to mask the curvy area on your body and they will make you look slimmer.
Tops and Shirts
- I would recommend wearing tops of length up to your hips so that the curves around the tummy and in the buttocks are covered. Cropped tops are not meant for you and they should be out of your wardrobe coz cropped tops will expose you’re bulky and heavy tummy, will show the curves in your tummy and around the hips making you look heavier and antiquated.
- Lace tops (Cami) will be fine if you have slimmer arms, however for plus size women with thick and heavier arms should opt for tops with sleeves of length up to the elbow.
- Do not wear too tight tops that will cling and expose the curves in your tummy
When it comes to handbags, you should opt for medium size handbags and clutch bags so that they can be proportional to your body size. Try 2 avoid tinny or small handbags and clutch bags coz they aren’t proportional to your body size.
What are the most recommended shoes to wear with Plus Size Clothing?
High Heels, Nude Pumps and Boots will be the best foot wear for plus size women. These heels and boots add on your height making you look taller and slimmer
What color shoes to wear with different Plus Size Clothing?
|Color of Plus Size Dress||Color High Heels or Boots|
|Black||Silver, gold Pointed High Heels|
|Purple||Silver, black Pointed High Heels|
|Red Plus Size Dresses||Silver, black Pointed High Heels|
|Blue Plus Size Dresses||Red, pink, blue Pointed High Heels|
|Pink||Silver, black, blue Pointed High Heels|
|Yellow||Silver, pink Pointed High Heels|
When you are a plus size woman, you need to look for Plus Size Clothing that fits you with ease (you need to wear your size, nothing tight and nothing baggy). You should opt for dull and neutral color Plus Size Clothing coz bright and shouting colors are tricky to match with most of the plus size outfits. Avoid shorts and short clothes coz they will make you look heavier instead opt for medium length or maxi clothes that will mask your problematic areas.
Shopping Links For Plus Size Clothing
WHAT IS YOUR OPINION ABOUT THIS TREND?
We would like to know your opinions on this trend!
Do you think Plus Size Clothing will be in style for a long time or go “out” soon?
Feel free to leave your remark(s) and opinion(s) on what to wear with and how to wear Plus Size Clothing for plus size women, share your stylish ideas with us and the rest of the readers. Humbly use the commenting box below to voice out your opinion(s). You can comment using Facebook, Yahoo, AOL or Hotmail.