There are a millions of face shapes which are basically delivered from four different faces i.e. rectangle or square, oval, heart shaped and round face shape. Before choosing hairstyle to wear on your head, you need to know the shape of your face so that the hairstyles you choose looks great on you as it will complement your facial features. In this article, we will share with you the best short hairstyles for round faces. For round faces, you need to choose a hairstyle of length below the jawline as short hairstyles which are below your jawline will make you appear wider.
Generally there are best short hairstyles you can consider wearing with your round face i.e. Short hairstyles with
layers that are shorter in the crown area, short hairstyles with shag below the jawline, short hairstyle with long bangs side swept and sleek angled short haircuts.
When you chose the best short hairstyle for your round face shape, trust me you will leave heads turning and necks bend as whoever person you pass by will be staring at you. Therefore you have to be careful when choosing a short hairstyle which will compliment your round face (short hairstyle which will not make your face wider, heavier and appear to be fat).
BOB SHORT HAIRSTYLES FOR ROUND FACES
Bob short hairstyles really look cute on women with round faces especially when it’s not too short. With bob hairstyles for round faces, I would recommend wear ones which are longer than your chin or entire face. This will add some angles to soften your face’s curves. I have seen quite a large number of celebrities with round faces wearing bob short hairstyles the wrong way with bobs which are really short and thick make their face look 10 lbs. heavier.
HOW TO STYLE BOB SHORT HAIRSTYLES FOR ROUND FACES
- Styling bob hairstyles for round faces is simple than what most of us think. All you need is to determine the length of the bob which will look complement your facial features before cutting your hair to a bob hairstyle.
- Begin by damping your hair before apply the styling product. Use the palm as a measure and apply small quantities of styling product to your hair.
- When styling, use a radial brush to help blow-dry your hair. When you are done applying the styling product to your hair, grab a flat iron or straightening iron and start to straighten your hair to remove any tangles or knots so that it appears smooth, flat and straight.
- Iron out the bangs in a style you want them to look like. You can use a comb to help you side-sweep the bangs over your face to reduce on the width of your face.
- You can now finish this bob short hairstyle for round faces with shine serum and hairspray to give your hair a superhot shine and strong hold all day long.
HOW TO CARE FOR THIS BOB SHORT HAIRSTYLE FOR ROUND FACES
- You can wash your hair once after every 2 to 3 days depending on how dirty you feel your hair is.
- Keep styling and heat to the minimum. When you have short hair, try to reduce on the times you apply heat to your hair to avoid hair loss and thinning of your hair as a result of too much heat applied to them. You can use your flat iron once or twist in a month.
- Always keep your hair conditioned. This will help your hair to style in its natural form and will encourage hair growth. Conditioned hair is easy to style and is less skeptical to hair loss when styling.
PRODUCTS AND TOOLS YOU WILL NEED WHEN STYLING
- Hair Conditioner
- Straightening Iron or Flatiron
- Shine Serum
SHORT HAIRSTYLES FOR ROUND FACES WITH BANGS
Short hairstyles with bangs side-swept will help you to reduce on the heaviness around your face. When you choose to style your short hair with bangs, you need to make sure that the bangs are light and you should create some volume and heights at the top (crown) to avoid appearing wider in your body area.
Style your short hairstyle with bangs to ensure that there are always face framing layers around the chin area. Try to avoid too short hairstyles with bangs shorter than the jawline as it will create the illusion of the round face. Remember that bangs for a round face shape should be long and side-swept.
HOW TO STYLE SHORT HAIRSTYLES FOR ROUND FACES WITH BANGS
- Well if you want to create some lengthening of your round face, wear down the center part. (Paring down the middle elongates your round face). Therefore when styling, part down the middle of your hair and wear something sleek around your face in a shine finish.
- After cutting your preferred short haircut with bangs, it’s time to style it so that it looks great on you.
- Apply blow-drying lotion on the ends for sleekness and shine. Grab a paddle brush to smooth out all the hair under the crown and in the sides. With a round brush going section by section for control, smooth out all the hair at the top crown while bringing it up to create maximum lift and volume.
- Back comb or tease the crown to add extra height and volume to your round face shape.
- Making the sides smooth and shiny and finishing the style with a shiny finish will create the illusion of an oval face shape by maintaining height at the crown and decreasing weight at the sides. Side sweep your bangs and you will be good to go.
HOW TO CARE FOR SHORT HAIRSTYLES WITH BANGS
- Use blow-drying lotion to make the ends of your hair smooth and shine
- Use a round brush to add volume at the crown and a paddle brush to smooth and flatten the sides
- Style your hair when it’s a little wet or damp for easy styling to your preferred short hairstyle
- The side swept bangs should always be light as heavier bangs will ruin the style.
PRODUCTS AND TOOLS YOU WILL NEED TO STYLE
- Blow-drying lotion
- Small round brush
- Paddle brush
- Hair styling product
CUTE SHORT HAIRSTYLES FOR ROUND FACES
There are many cute short hairstyles which will look great on your round face when styled appropriately. Try wearing short hairstyles of length below your jawline to cover your wide face and make you look 10 pounds lighter. The bangs fall over the forehead and the sides reach just below the jawline making the hairstyle look pretty, cute and adorable on their face.
HOW TO STYLE THIS CUTE SHORT HAIRSTYLE FOR ROUND FACES
- Start by cleaning your hair: Damp your hair with lukewarm water then apply your favorite shampoo and hair conditioner. Wear protective gloves and run your fingers through your short hair to remove any dirt and product residues. When you feel that your hairs is clean, rinse with warm water and allow it to dry by air. I wouldn’t recommend blow-drying as it has long term effects to your health when you use it over and over again. Grab a clean dry towel and hold your hair for about half an hour so that it absorbs the water. Bend your head down when your hair is still wet and start combing forward so that the remaining water drips off. Remember to apply smoothing serum to reduce frizz and help your hair to quickly dry up.
- Allow your hair to dry naturally: The best way to dry your hair to prevent hair loss and damage to your skin due to excessive heat is by allowing it to naturally dry by air. You can go to a shade and sit there for a few minutes after doing the above steps so that your hair dries naturally. For seasons such as winter when the temperatures are low, use a blow-dryer to blow cold air to your hair so that it dries naturally. When blow-drying, always start from the roots to the ends of your hair. Use a comb or paddle brush when blow drying.
- Remove tangles and knots: Get your comb or hair brush to remove any tangle and knots from your hair. When brushing, always start from the roots as you brush towards the ends of your hair. It will be a good idea when you section your hair so that you can deal with one section at a time to ensure that all your hair is free from tangles and knots.
- Apply styling cream: Now that your hair is clean, dry and has been detangled, you can apply your favorite styling cream which works well on your hair texture and thickness. Use a comb and side-sweep the bangs.
- Finish with hairspray: Finish the hairstyle for round faces with a light hairspray to hold your hairstyle in place so that you can wear it even for a long day.
HOW TO CARE FOR THIS HAIRSTYLE
- Always work with clean hair as it’s easy to style and will make the hairstyle look cute and adorable.
- Apply hair conditioner regularly so that your hair is always in good condition before and after styling.
- Apply Light hairspray and smooth shine to reduce on the weight as heavy hairspray and smooth shine will make your hair fall flat shortly after styling.
PRODUCTS AND TOOLS YOU WILL NEED
- Hair conditioner and shampoo
- Warm water
- Styling cream
- Hairspray and Smooth shine
FLIRTY FLIP SHORT HAIRSTYLES FOR ROUND FACES
SLEEK, SMOOTH AND AWESOME SHORT HAIRSTYLES FOR ROUND FACES
With this short hairstyle for round faces, the bangs fall over the forehead and above the eyes making a beautiful and an enigmatic statement while as the length of the hair at the sides falls perfectly at the chin. This makes it a perfect short hairstyle for round faces for ladies with sleek and smooth hair.
HOW TO STYLE SLEEK & SMOOTH SHORT HAIRSTYLE FOR ROUND FACES
- When styling your sleek and smooth short hair, use lighter styling products to reduce on the weight down and increase on the volume and height at the crown.
- Part your hair to the sides using a rat tail comb and gently use a paddle brush to smooth out the sides.
- Bend so that your head is upside down and use a paddle brush to blow-dry your hair pull all your hair to the face.
- In case your hair has tangle, knots or isn’t straight, use a straightening iron to straighten out. There will be no use for a straightening iron if your short hair is already straight and free from knots and tangles.
- Apply smooth shine and hairspray to give your hair a super-hot finish and to hold the stay in place along the day.
HOW TO CARE FOR SLEEK AND SMOOTH SHORT HAIRSTYLE
- Avoid heat to your hair where necessary ( reduce on the usage of flat iron, straightening iron or curling iron on your hair as it might damage your hair causing hair loss).
- Apply the right styling product for your hair as sleek and smooth hair is sensitive to some products.
- Side-sweep your bangs over the forehead and above the eyes to reduce on the width of your round face.
PRODUCTS AND TOLLS YOU WILL NEED
- Straightening Iron or Flat Iron
- Styling Products
- Smooth Shine
- Paddle Brush
TRENDY SHORT HAIRSTYLES FOR ROUND FACES
Some short hairstyles for round faces are trendy that they will never be outdated. These trendy short hairstyles for round faces flatter and complement most of the facial features for ladies with round faces. What matters most is the way you style your short hair to reduce on the width of your round face.
The ladies I featured below in this short hairstyle for round faces look pretty, cute and adorable with the hairstyle on their short hair.
TIPS ON HOW TO STYLE THIS TRENDY SHORT HAIRSTYLE FOR ROUND FACES
- Just like the rest of the short hairstyles for round faces featured above, you need to begin by wetting your hair to make it damp for easy styling. When styling, add a lot of volume and height at the crown.
- Add light side-swiped bangs to your hairstyle. If your short hair falls up to your jawline, side-sweep the bangs through your forehead
- Avoid weight and volume to the side of the face. You need to pay close attention to the sides of your face and texturize to lighten these areas. You can do so by point cutting or using a texturizing shear.
- When you are styling, always use a round brush at the crown. Add volumizing products when styling at the crown to add more height and volume to your hair.
- You can give your face (hair) a symmetrical look by brushing one side away from the face and bring the other side down to cover up your jaw or push all your short hair away from your face to break up the heaviness around the face.
- For short hairstyle with hair beyond the hairline, apply texturizing product to avoid the ends of your hair getting poky around the neck.
HOW TO CARE FOR THIS SHORT HAIRSTYLE FOR ROUND FACES
- Use a texturizer which will prevent your hair at the back to become poky
- Use a round brush when styling at the crown as it will add volume and heights at the crown.
- Always start styling when your hair is wet or damp to reduce or avoid hair loss.
- Apply conditioner and smooth shine to keep your hair healthy and soft at all times.
- Finish the look with hairspray to hold your hair in style for a long time all day.
PRODUCTS AND TOOL YOU WILL NEED WHEN STYLING
- Cutting Shears
- Rat Tail Comb
- Small Round Brush
- Hair Styling Product
THICK SHORT HAIRSTYLES FOR ROUND FACES
Thick short hairstyles for round faces are cute and will make you look beautiful like a queen when you style it appropriately on your round face. When cutting this awesome short haircut for thick hair, leave the bangs a little longer at the front and the sides slightly below the chin to appear one in a million among other ladies with round faces having the same short hairstyle.
HOW TO STYLE THICK SHORT HAIRSTYLES FOR ROUND FACES
- When cutting your hair short, always cut it with the bangs and the sides longer than the rear ends. The sides should be cut so that they are slightly below your chin and the bangs in layers to the main haircut.
- Use small amounts of styling cream (product) which best works on your hair type and texture. Remember to first wet your hair with lukewarm water before apply the styling product on it.
- Grab a rat tail comb and use its ends to part your hair to the sides just the way you see the ladies in the picture above did. This will help you to pull hair on one side to the back and the other down to cover-up some width of your round face.
- Use a round brush to blow-dry your hair at the crown as you lift it up to add volume and heights at the top and use a paddle brush to smooth the sides down.
- Finish the style by applying hairspray and smooth shine to make your hair shine and stay in place.
HOW TO CARE FOR THIS HAIRSTYLE
- Wet your hair with warm or lukewarm water before apply shampoo and hair conditioner to wash it.
- Warm water will be the best to rinse your hair though it tends to deprive your hair of moisture when it’s extremely warm. Cold water works but it tends to leave some products to stay at the roots of your hair. But if someone is washing your hair, it will be ok to use cold water as s/he will be able to see any product residues and manually remove them.
- Organic and nonalcoholic products will be the best products to use when styling and conditioning your hair as they will leave your hair with its moisture.
PRODUCTS AND TOOLS TO USE WHEN STYLING
- Small Round Brush
- Paddle Brush
- Smooth Shine
- Hair Styling Product