I had a maxi dress which was given to me as a birthday gift last year. I just kept it in my closet because I had no idea how to wear Maxi Dresses. I needed help on what to wear with Maxi Dresses and how to wear and style Maxi Dresses. I did my research and came up with the best guidelines that will help you choose and wear Maxi Dresses perfectly.
If you are in the same boat like I was before, better read this article till the end. we have complied for you all the tips
you will require on how to wear Maxi Dresses on different occasions.
NOTES: Tips On How To Wear Maxi Dresses
Change your style and wear fashionable Maxi Dresses
- If you are looking for cute fashionable dresses that will add style to you, Maxi Dresses are the best option for you.
- Wear a maxi dress with flats for a casual outfit and complement the trend with a panama or trilby hat.
- For a red carpet outfit, wear Maxi Dresses with High Heels or Pumps. They will make you look taller adding style and elegance to the outfit.
- You can wear your Maxi Dresses in summer or spring.
Style your hair to match the outfit
- Hair is an important factor to consider when wearing Maxi Dresses.
- Maxi Dresses look great with Casual Long Straight or curly hairstyle coz it complements the length of the dress.
- However, Maxi Dresses look greater with French braid hairstyle and long wavy hair style. Hairstyles like Ponytail, Pigtail and Bob hairstyle are a complete NO to wear with Maxi Dresses.
- For braids maid, you can wear a maxi dress with a cute stylish and simple bun that will set the rest of the attire. You may team the outfit with dark sunglasses that will complement the whole trend.
Accessorize the outfit
- Maxi Dresses look great with few or no jewelry. Therefore bracelets and jewelry shouldn’t stress you; you can wear Maxi Dresses with or without them.
- If you opt to accessorize your outfit, add just a simple cute necklace and armlets to flatter the trend.
Do the bottom of the attire
- Wear a maxi dress with comfortable shoes that won’t give you stress along your way.
- The main reason I didn’t want to wear my birthday gift maxi dress was the type shoes to pair with the dress.
- Many ladies find it challenging too when it comes to choosing the best shoe to wear with maxi dresses.
- The best shoes to wear with Maxi Dresses are Sandals and Flip Flops. These shoes are stylish and comfortable making the outfit look spectacular.
Make the outfit pleasant and smell nice
- Apply a soft perfume to your body so that the outfit smells nice and looks pleasant to others. Try to avoid perfumes with strong odor as it will inconvenience others.
- If your armpits sweat a lot, apply an antiperspirant to reduce the sweat.
Wear your make up with neutral and soft makeups
- When making up your face to look attractive, choose soft and natural makeups that will match and complement with the maxi dress.
- Avoid bright makeups like those pink or red in color coz they will make you look antiquated.
- You can now confidently go to any occasion wearing your maxi dress. Personally I would recommend Maxi Dresses for casual occasions than being worn for formal occasions.
- Any lady irrespective of your body size, height or age, you can wear Maxi Dresses and accessorize them to look cute.
NOTES: Tips On How To Choose a maxi Dress
- Create your own look by choosing a unique maxi dress. Don’t go for popular Maxi Dresses that everyone will have.
- Wear a maxi dress of your size. When choosing the best maxi dress for yourself, choose one that fits your size perfectly. Don’t go for baggy or too tight Maxi Dresses.
- Try on Maxi Dresses in a variety of different style to determine one that works best for your body.
- After narrowing down your choice, try that particular maxi dress in different colors to see one that flatter the tone of your skin.
- Wear Maxi Dresses with comfortable shoes such as Sandals or flip-flops that give comfort to your feet.
NOTES: What To Wear With A Maxi Dress
What to wear with Maxi Dresses will entirely depend on the occasion you are wearing the dress for. For instance when you are wearing Maxi Dresses as braids maid wear, go for open toe Heels that will add style and elegance to your outfit. For a party or red carpet, you can wear Maxi Dresses with High Heels, Pumps or Wedges depending on the look you want to create.
Pregnant mothers can wear Maxi Dresses with flats or flip flops. Let’s look at the different occasion where you can wear a maxi dress and what to pair with a maxi dress when dressing for such occasions.
Maxi Dresses As A Casual wear
You can wear Maxi Dresses as a casual wear. In this outfit you can wear a maxi dress with sandals or flip-flops. To make the outfit look more casual, pair the trend with a panama hat. Complementing the attire with a simple short cute necklace and a few armlets will add style to the outfit. Go to the mirror to fix everything right and walk out of the door in a proud and confident way.
Maxi Dresses As A Maternity Wear
Well, Maxi Dresses sometimes can be used as maternity wear. If you have run short of maternity dresses, go for a maxi dress it will serve the same purpose. Wear a maxi dress as a maternity dress with flip-flops. There is no need to accessorize the outfit just wear with no jewelry and bracelets.
After Giving Birth
After giving birth to your beautiful baby, you can’t wear tight clothes like tight skinny jeans, shorts or mini-skirts. You can opt for Maxi Dresses or maxi-skirts. Maxi Dresses will give you comfort and make you look smart though you have lost some weight. I wouldn’t recommend Maxi Dresses for ladies with big boobs (breasts). The dress will press or squeeze the boobs putting pressure on them causing them to pain in the long run making you uncomfortable.
Pregnant Women Work Wear
When you are in the late stages of pregnancy, many of your wardrobe clothes won’t fit you. Fitted tunic, trimmed tanks and lace Cami are a complete NO to wear in such a state.
The most recommended and comfortable dress to wear will be a maxi dress. You can wear an elastic maxi dress when you are pregnant. The elasticity in the dress will help it adjust according to the size of your body. Wear the dress with flip-flops which are simple and comfortable to wear all day round. Please DO NOT go for High Heels or Pumps as you might miss a step, slide and fall causing injury to yourself and the unborn fetus.
Maxi Dresses As A Party Wear Or Prom Wear
If you are looking for a pretty party dress or prom dress to wear to your birthday, dinner or house party, a maxi dress will be the other option that you can’t forsake. However not every maxi dress can work as a party or prom dress, you need to choose a pretty, cute maxi dress of high quality.
For instance this teal dress is pretty and cute to be worn to a party or prom. Complement the dress with a simple short cute necklace and finish the outfit with silver High Heels.
Maxi Dresses As A Braids Maid Wear
Braids maid can wear knee length dresses or Maxi Dresses with High Heels. When you are a braid maid short or mini dresses are a complete NO to your outfit. Personally I have ever been a braid maid and I like knee-length dresses to Maxi Dresses though they look cute on slender and slimmer ladies.
You can wear your maxi dress as a braids maids wear. First you need to determine the color other braids maids will be wearing. Wear the same color of the dress like others to make a neat uniform look. For instance, the lady in the picture below wearing a purple maxi dress looks great and you can dress like that going to a wedding or as a braids maid.
More Inspirational Trend With Maxi Dresses
WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THIS TREND?
Now that Maxi Dresses are coming back for summer and spring, I want to know what you think of them. Are you a fan of the maxi dress look, or do you prefer a shorter hemline?
Would you wear them with feminine accessories and rock them for a stylish look?
Do you think Maxi Dresses will be in style for a long time or go “out” soon?
Feel free to leave your remark(s) and opinion(s) on what to wear with Maxi Dresses and how to wear Maxi Dresses women. Share your stylish ideas with us and the rest of the readers. Humbly use the commenting box below to voice out your opinion(s). You can comment using Facebook, Yahoo, AOL or Hotmail.