Black women are naturally gifted with cute natural hair which is generally short in length, thick and takes some time to grow. With such hair types, there are different hairstyles which can be styled on natural black hair. These hairstyles for black women look incredibly cute, sexy and cute which make them worthy trying on your head before this summer ends.
In this article, we will share with you the different hairstyles for black women who you can style and wear them to
many different occasions such as special occasions, office, prom, homecoming, wedding and many more casual occasions. Some of the hairstyles for black women we will be talking about include; natural hairstyles for black women, Braided hairstyles for black women, Curly hairstyles for black women, Weave hairstyles for black women, Short hairstyles for black women, Wedding hairstyles for black women, Mohawk hairstyles for black women, Pretty hairstyles for black women, and many more.
Be sure to find all the necessary step by step instructions on how to create and style each hairstyle. Product and tools you will require to style your hair to the preferred style plus the face shapes which look cute stunning for each hairstyle.
Hairstyle Guides You Must Have
NATURAL HAIRSTYLES FOR BLACK WOMEN
African American hair or black hair naturally looks cute when styles and cared for appropriately. The way you style, care and maintain your natural hair will determine how good and healthy it will be. Allow me share with you a few tips on how to style black hair (African American hairstyles), how to care and maintain your natural hair for quick growth.
TIPS ON HOW TO STYLE NATURAL HAIRSTYLES FOR BLACK WOMEN
- Generally, natural hair for black women or African American women grows slowly, has less water (moisture) content and breaks easily and it comes in a variety of textures, ranging from kinky, coarse, to straight thus the need for extra care and attention when styling. Don’t worry, this post guide you how to easily style black or African American hair with no or little hair loss.
- Wash your hair to keep it clean. As you apply products and move around, dirt, skin particle and many other related contaminates will keep on accumulation in your hair and at the scalp which in turn will need removing. The best way to remove dirt from your hair is by washing it with shampoo after every week. This will help your hair to grow while healthy and nourished.
- Remember to condition your hair when washing it so that your hair becomes soft, smooth and shiny after washing. Use shampoo and hair conditioner which are alcohol free to maintain the moisture in your hair.
- Since most of the African American hair or black hair is naturally curly, remember to apply anti-frizz products to avoid frizz in your hair when it dries. Apply the anti-frizz product then comb your hair to make it straight free from tangles and knots. To ensure that all your hair is combed and free from tangles section your hair in a number of sections so that you work on one section at a time. Remember sectioning will depend on your hair length and thickness.
- When drying your hair, bend your head a little down so that it’s upside down then place a clean dry towel around your head to absorb excess water. Remove the towel and allow your hair to naturally dry by air than using a blow-dryer.
- When your hair is thoroughly dry, apply your styling products (strengthen hair. Olive oil, monoi oil, shea butter, cocoa butter are the most recommended hair products for natural hair), then style your hair to a style of your own preference. Finish the style with hairspray which will hold that style in place.
TIPS ON HOW TO GROW NATURAL BLACK HAIR FOR BLACK WOMEN (AFRICAN AMERICAN WOMEN)
As we said before, natural African American hair is generally curly, always and grows slows making it a little difficult to grow it to your desired length. Below we will give you a few tips which will enable you to enhance your hair growth.
- The most important key factor to growing natural hair for black women is to keep it always healthy. Healthy hair grows faster coz it has all the nutrients and minerals it requires for its increase in size.
- You can keep your hair healthy by ensuring that it’s moisturized all the time. Apply the hair conditioner every time you go to the shower in the morning or evening. This will make your hair soft and shiny after washing it. Do a deep conditioning after every 2-3 weeks of every month to help your hair right from the roots to be in good conditions. In case you aren’t sure of the conditioner to use, try using the leave-in hair conditioner as it will work well to your natural hair.
- Apply natural hair oil to your hair to supplement the oil naturally produced by the scalp. This will enable to soften and smooth your hair strands making your hair easy to work with when styling. The natural hair oils I would recommend in this case are; Lavender Oil, Moroccan Oil and Castor Oil.
- Trimming your hair can it to grow a little faster. You might be wondering why we are advising you to trim your hair yet your main goal is to grown it longer. When you take some time without trimming the ends of your hair and they become “fried”, it will prevent or slow down the hair growth rate.
- I’m not a fun of taking medicine but in this case if you are an African American woman who indeed wants her hair to grow longer in the shortest time possible, I would advise you to take some vitamins with capabilities in boosting up your hair growth. Vitamin B6 and Biotin are considered to be the best vitamins in boosting and enhancing hair growth thus they should be included into your diet daily.
- Opt for protect hairstyles which will protect your hair from breakage. When your hair is left hanging down always, it will increase the chances of breakage. However, if opted for protective hairstyles such as buns and braids, the ends of your hair will be less prone to breakage.
- You should also protect your hair when going to bed or sleeping at night. Always use a satin pillow case and wrap a satin scarf around your hair as it won’t absorb any products which you applied to your hair. Wrapping a satin scarf or any cloth around your hair will help the hair to soak into products which in the end will make it soft and easy to work with.
- You might have some breakage or damages in your hair, applying a protein treatment will help to fill the damaged parts. And above all have a good healthy balanced diet containing lots of vegetables, protein containing foods and fruits such as Blueberries rich in Vitamin C for strength of the hair.
What To Avoid When Growing Your Natural Hair Longer
- Use weaves and loose braids and avoid using hair extensions and tight braids.
- Use gentle styling equipment when styling your hair such as wide tooth radial brush instead of using ordinary combs with closely spaced tooth.
- Avoid over relaxing your hair as it damages your hair in the long run. Do relaxing at-least in an interval of 3 months before redoing it again.
- Reduce on the number of times you apply heat to your hair. Heat affects hair growth thus styling tools which involve heat such as curling iron, flatiron, straightening iron, should be opted out and lastly but no least, avoid stress in your life as it plays a great part in body growth hair inclusive.
BRAIDED HAIRSTYLES FOR BLACK WOMEN
Braiding your hair is one of the ways you can protect your hair from breakage and damages especial for African American women who have relatively short hair. There are many different hairstyles with braids for black women that differ according to hair texture, thickness and individual preferences. Some of the come hairstyles with braids for black women include; Box Braids, Braiding Cornrows, Two-strand Twist Braids, and Dreadlocks.
Below we will just show you the picture of the different braided hairstyles for black women and in case you are interested and need to know how to create and style any of the braided hairstyles for black women Clink this link for AFRICAN AMERICAN HAIRSTYLES detailed step by step directions on how to create and style each hairstyle.
BOX BRAIDS HAIRSTYLES FOR BLACK WOMEN
BRAIDING CORNROWS HAIRSTYLES FOR BLACK WOMEN
TWO-STRAND TWIST BRAIDS HAIRSTYLES FOR BLACK WOMEN
DREADLOCKS HAIRSTYLES FOR BLACK WOMEN
CURLY HAIRSTYLES FOR BLACK WOMEN
Hair for black women is naturally curly; however, you might want to style your hair to a cute, pretty curly hairstyle which will require you to get some hits on how to do it perfectly to achieve a perfect look. African American hair can be curled either using a curling iron or rollers. Personally I would prefer using rollers as they will not affect hair as compared to the use of a curling iron.
HOW TO STYLE CURLY HAIRSTYLES FOR BLACK WOMEN
Always remember to begin with clean hair as it’s easy to style and work with. You can start by washing your hair with shampoo and hair condition it to make it soft and shiny. Place a clean dry towel over your head bent a little in an upside down posture so that it absorbs the excess hair from your hair.
Leave your hair a little wet or damp then apply styling products to it before curling it. Comb it to make it straight and remove any tangle or knots so that it’s ready for curling.
Now it’s time to decide on the methodology you are going to use while curling your hair; i.e. rollers or curling iron. After deciding on the method you are going to use, section your hair so that you work on one section at a time.
Begin curling or applying rollers to your hair section per section till when you are done with all the hair on your head. When using rollers, leave them in your hair for about 3-4 hours to allow the curls set then remove them and style the curls in the way you like them to look on you.
Finish the look by applying a finishing product such as hairspray or smooth shine to hold your hair in style and make it shine.
Products and Tools You Will Need
- Water and A Dry Clean Towel
- Shampoo and Hair Conditioner
- Styling Products
- Rollers or Curling Iron
- Hair Clips or Hair Elastic
WEAVE HAIRSTYLES FOR BLACK WOMEN
SHORT HAIRSTYLES FOR BLACK WOMEN
Naturally black women have short hair which sometimes is kind of difficult to style duo to its thickness and curly nature. However, if you have been reading my posting about African American hairstyles or hairstyles for black women, you will find out that there are a variety of many different hairstyles for short African American hair which you can achieve in just a few minutes for an elegant look.
In case you aren’t sure of how to style your short African American hair, click on this link for more details about how to create and styles AFRICAN AMERICAN HAIR FOR BLACK WOMEN plus the different hairstyles specifically for black women. Otherwise enjoy these beautiful, stunning and adorable short hairstyles for black women.
WEDDING HAIRSTYLES FOR BLACK WOMEN
Wedding is a special occasion which needs elegant hairstyles to match with the occasion. On such occasion you have to dress to your best so that you look spectacular especially when it’s your wedding. One of the key features on a woman to look pretty on a wedding is her hair thus the need to style her hair to look outstanding in a crowd of many women with different hairstyles.
In this case we will focus on wedding hairstyles for black women to be styled by only African American ladies. We featured the best wedding hairstyles for black women which can be styled for short, medium length and long hair. Mainly black women use hair extensions and wigs to create and style wedding hairstyles for medium length or long hair. In case you opt for extensions, wigs or weaves, I would recommend opting for human hair extensions of color similar to your hair so that it can easily mix with your natural hair.
Below are some of the wedding hairstyles for black women we thought will be good to try on when going for a wedding or wedding party.
MOHAWK HAIRSTYLES FOR BLACK WOMEN
Mohawk hairstyles for black women really look cute and bring out the beauty in their face. When styled and worn on your head, they will make you look 5 years younger than your actual age. Take an extra step and explore the detailed MOHAWK HAIRSTYLES FOR BLACK WOMEN worthy wearing on your head to any occasion.
PRETTY PONYTAILS HAIRSTYLES FOR BLACK WOMEN
Wow, I only knew that ponytails looked pretty on only American ladies with long or short hair till when I landed on this pretty black African American lady with this pretty fancy ponytail. These ponytail hairstyles are so easy to style especially one for long hair. All you need to have is good clean hairs which are moisturized then pull back into a high ponytail. Secure the ponytail with a ponytail holder and you will be done.
UPDO HAIRSTYLES FOR BLACK WOMEN
I never knew that updo hairstyles for black women would look pretty coz of their short hair till of recent when I found multiple ways to create updos for short hair. Since black women are naturally gifted with black short hair, it’s kind of hair to create some updo hairstyles which requires medium length or long hair. However, if you really want to create an updo for your short hair, it’s simple, easy and will take you a few minutes to achieve a finished elegant updo for short hair. Follow this link about UPDOS FOR SHORT HAIR to find all the detailed information you need to know about creating different updo hairstyles for short hair. You can as well get a few tips from the ladies in the pictures below and create your own stunning updo for short hair.
RELAXED HAIRSTYLES FOR BLACK WOMEN
Relaxing your hair is a good practice on condition you don’t do it more often. You can relax your hair after every 3-4 months coz over doing it will damage your hair causing hair loss. You know this coz every time you go to a saloon and relax your hair you end up losing some amounts of hair in the process implying that if it’s done after every now and then you will need up with less & damaged hair or no hair on your head.
PROM HAIRSTYLES FOR BLACK WOMEN
There are some special occasions which will require you to opt for hairstyle that will make you outstanding even in a crowd of millions of ladies with different hairstyles. In this case I’m talking about black women (African American ladies) with black hair. You can choose any of the following prom hairstyles for black women to make you look unique, pretty and adorable at your prom party. These prom hairstyles are too simple to style and will take you less than 30 minutes to achieve a finished look. Just pick up any of the following prom hairstyles for black women and go rock a romantic chic look at your prom night to make people’s heads turn and necks bend.