Natural hair is the best hair every lady enjoys and would love having on their head because it surely looks great on them and since it’s natural, it’s much more comfortable to wear as compared to wigs, weaves or additional hair extensions.
Despite the fact that natural hair looks great on all ladies with different hair size and texture, it’s not that easy to
maintain your natural hair as it might break or get kinky more especially for African Americans who have naturally curly hair.
For this reason therefore, we have decide to come up with this article which we believe will answer some of the questions you have been asking yourself as in how to maintain your natural hair, which kind of natural hairstyle to protect your natural hair from break and getting kinky.
Come with me as I walk you through the best and most stunning braided hairstyles for natural hair which we are sure will look great on you at the same time will protect your natural hair from breakage and getting kinky.
Creative Braided Hairstyles For Natural Hair
Just like the name of this braided hairstyle “creative”, it was through a personal initiative to come up with such a unique and outstanding braided hairstyle. This kind of braided hairstyle for natural hair is common to African and African American ladies. It is an easy do it yourself which will take you less than 30 minutes to achieve a finished look.
- To achieve this kind of hairstyle, begin by preparing your natural hair so that it’s ready for styling. In case your hair is stiff you might need to make it a little soft using the hair moisturizer which works best for you depending on the hair texture.
- Now section your hair on your head in a number of sections depending on the style you want to create and the texture of your hair. If your hair is thick, you might need to create several sections and for ladies with fine or thin hair, the fewer sections the better which will make the style look great on them.
- Secure the sections created with hair pins, hairgrips, whichever works best for you. You’re going to deal with one section at a time. Depending on the look you want to create, this will determine how you will style your hair on the head. You can do a two strand twist, three strand twist or just tuck-in your hair and roll it down to the scalp. Secure the style in place with bob pins or hairpins.
- Continue to the next section as you repeat the above process till when all the sections on your head are worked on. Choose the matching accessories such as earrings, necklace, among other and you will be good to go.
French Braids Hairstyle For Natural Hair
This kind of braided hairstyle looks great on ladies with long face shapes and medium length or long hair. Personally I wouldn’t recommend it for ladies with round face shapes as it will expose the round corners of their face because all the hair is styled away from the face making their face look much wider.
- This braided hairstyle for natural hair is less like a back flip-in French braid where all the hair in the sides is gather at the back and then flipped in or braided into a French braid from the nape of the neck as you move upwards towards the crown section of the head.
- If you opted to do a flip-in French braid, secure the braid with a couple of bob pins to keep it in place. Make the hairstyle look stylish and pretty by using a wide tooth comb to lift the roots of the remaining hair at the front and crown section to give it volume and make it fuller.
- Choose your best attires and you will be good to go to any occasion be it casual, or formal. Don’t you love how this African American lady looks? Wow you too can look that stylish; just get a few styling tips from her to create your own distinctive and outstanding braided hairstyle for natural hair.
Protective Braided Hairstyles For Natural Hair
There are some natural hairstyles which you are sure will protect your hair from breakage at the same time enhance its growth. Such kind of hairstyles will be a must wear for every lady who would love to have their hair grow a little faster while not breaking.
- This protective braided hairstyle is one of the many or several protective braided hairstyles for natural hair. Its looks more less like a braided hairstyle with a Mohawk making it look super cute on any sophisticated lady.
- With this braided hairstyle for natural hair, you will be required to braid your hair from the sides and the back into a two or three strand braid as you move to the center part of your head. Leave some hair unbraided along the center to create that Mohawk like look. Secure the ends of the braid underneath to keep them in place.
- Style the unbraided hair at the center in a way that will make you unique. You might give it some color so that it looks colorful, or curl the ends whichever works for you and you will be perfect to rock that chic and sexy style to your workplace, or any occasion.
One Edgy Braided Natural Hairstyles
With this braided hairstyle for natural hair, you might have to first put into consideration the event or occasion you are dressing for before opting for it. It works well to casual occasions such as parties, weekend outings, among others.
- This braided hairstyle for natural hair looks great if you first curl your hair. Curled hair will give that stunning voluminous look on the other side which isn’t braided. However, you might as well try it out on straight or wavy hair to be unique from others.
- Choose the side which you want to braid, and braid cornrow, two strands, three strands whichever works best for you. Just as portrayed in the picture above, the braids should stop almost in the center of your head. Secure the braid with hair pins. That’s it, you’re good to go.
Cute Short Braided Hairstyles For Natural Hair
- OMG, this is so cute. I like this braided hairstyle for ladies with short hair. Is your hair is short and have been wondering which braided hairstyle to style and wear on your head to look stylish, stunning and eye-catching, well I should say congratulations because this hairstyle will perfectly work for you.
- Look at how gorgeous that African lady is? You too can look attractive with your short hair braided? All you need to do is to get a few styling tips from that African lady to recreate and come up with your own unique and outstanding short braided hairstyle for natural hair.